- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
As we mentioned, some actions carry more risk than others, especially during a pandemic. We encouraged you to take all safety precautions and to listen to best practices from their local public-health officials. Each day for the week of action represented one of our demands. We offered some ideas for you, your family, and friends to take action in your community, as well as resources to learn how. Given the public-health crisis, each idea was segmented by level of risk. Green was low risk, Yellow was medium risk, and Red was high risk. We trusted that you would make the best decisions for yourself and your community.
We Demanded an End to the War Against Black People
We demanded an end to the criminalization, incarceration, and killing of our people. We called for not just individual accountability of officers after a murder, but for the accountability of entire police departments. We wanted to make it clear that we are done being killed at the hands of anti-Blackness and white supremacy.
We asked you to:
- Target your elected officials and those that lead institutions to cut ties with the police, schools and universities, and hospitals.
- Make noise and let people know you care! Lots of neighborhoods have been joining together and showing appreciation for the people laying their lives on the line. Go to your front porch, window, or roof top, and make noise by banging pots or pans together or with an instrument to let people know #BlackLivesMatter!
- Organize a Twitter storm.
- Join us for a virtual midday rally.
- Display a banner or sign in your yard.
- Distribute flyers in your neighborhood.
- Organize a march. For more information on how to organize a march, check out this resource from MoveOn.org.
- Banner drop: Banner drops are an effective way of disrupting space with your messaging and can happen relatively quickly with a small team of people. Download this tactic sheet.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.