- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
As we mentioned, some actions carry more risk than others, and especially during a pandemic. We encourage you to take all safety precautions and to listen to best practices from your local public health officials. Each day for the week of action represents one of our demands. We offer some ideas for you, your family, and friends to take action in your community and resources to learn how. Given the public health crisis, each idea is segmented by level of risk. Green is low risk, Yellow is medium risk, and Red is high risk. We trust you will make the best decisions for yourself and your community.
We Demand an End to the War Against Black People
We demand an end to the criminalization, incarceration, and killing of our people. We call for not just individual accountability of officers after a murder, but entire police departments. Make it clear that we are done being killed at the hands of anti Blackness and white supremacy . Target your elected officials and those that lead institutions to cut ties with the police, Schools, hospitals universities.
- Make noise and let people know you care! Lots of neighborhoods have been joining together and showing appreciation for the people laying their lives on the line. Go to your front porch, window, or roof top and make noise by banging pots or pans together or with an instrument to let people know #BlackLivesMatter!
- Organize a Twitter storm
- Join us for a virtual mid day rally details to come
- Display banner or sign in your yard
- Distribute fliers in your neighborhood.
- Organize a march. For more information on how to organize a march, check out this resource from MoveOn.org.
- Banner Drop Banner drops are an effective way of disrupting space with your messaging and can happen relatively quickly with a small team of people. Download this tactic sheet.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.