- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
As we mentioned, some actions carry more risk than others, and especially during a pandemic. We encourage you to take all safety precautions and to listen to best practices from your local public health officials. Each day for the week of action represents one of our demands. We offer some ideas for you, your family, and friends to take action in your community and resources to learn how. Given the public health crisis, each idea is segmented by level of risk. Green is low risk, Yellow is medium risk, and Red is high risk. We trust you will make the best decisions for yourself and your community.
We Demand Community Control: The most impacted in our communities need to control the laws, institutions, and policies that are meant to serve us – from our schools to our local budgets, economies, and police department.
- Hold a virtual conversation about self governance.
- Virtual people’s assemblies
- Engage in political education around community control
- Projector Rally This tactic is a chance for you to get creative and remain inside, or within a car, while amplifying your message to the public! Download this tactic worksheet.
- Car caravan action to each of your elected officials homes demanding community control over problematic policies and public run institutions.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.