- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
As we mentioned, some actions carry more risk than others, especially during a pandemic. We encouraged you to take all safety precautions and to listen to best practices from their local public-health officials. Each day for the week of action represented one of our demands. We offered some ideas for you, your family, and friends to take action in your community, as well as resources to learn how. Given the public-health crisis, each idea was segmented by level of risk. Green was low risk, Yellow was medium risk, and Red was high risk. We trusted that you would make the best decisions for yourself and your community.
We Demanded the Rights of Protestors Be Respected
We demanded that no harm come to protestors. Violations of property should never be equated with the violation of human life. We demanded that local and state officials ensure that there be no abuse of powers and no use of lethal force on protestors.
We asked you to:
- Donate to bail funds across the country.
- Tweet at Trump demanding an end to his criminalizing and threatening language of protestors.
- Download our Twitter Storm resource to make that thunder clap!
- Get creative! Tell the stories of protestors through music, art, and writing.
- Learn or tell a story about protest that has changed the conditions for Black people.
- These storytelling resources include The Battle of The Story by the Center for Story-Based Strategy.
- Take a picture in front of a police station, court house, or detention center with a sign demanding your right to protest. Share it to social media using the hashtag #defendblacklife and #blacklivesmatter.
- Deliver supplies to protestors.
- Engage in civil disobedience.
- Make lawn signs in support of protestors and put them in front of police stations.
- We love Pinterest for crafty things, like everyone else. Check out these cheap and easy ideas for making your lawn signs.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.