- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
Elimination of Laws That Intentionally Criminalize Black People
- Citizen’s Arrest Statute
- The racist gang bill HB994
- Stand Your Ground
- HB402, which would continue the assault on bail reform in Georgia by eliminating signature bonds
We also demand that cities fund solutions and not suffering, whether that be by closing a jail or disbanding corrupt police forces.
Repair for Past and Continuing Harms
- State actors like the police, immigration agents, and corporations who have caused harm to Black communities must repair the harm done.
- The police department must acknowledge the harm their institution has caused Black families, make an official apology, and commit resources to families and communities who have been forced to suffer.
- Demand the immediate resignations of District Attorneys Jackie Johnson & George Barnhill, who actively used their power in an attempt to subdue the community.
Transparent, Independent Investigations of Law-Enforcement Misconduct
- Require independent investigation of every law enforcement–involved shooting.
- Require the release of information to the families of victims within specified periods and on a regular basis.
- Require concurrent internal-affairs investigations of law enforcement accused of misconduct.
- The most impacted in our communities need to control the laws, institutions, and policies that are meant to serve us—from our schools to our local budgets, economies, and police departments.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.