- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
Elimination of Laws That Intentionally Criminalize Black People
- Citizen’s Arrest Statute
- The racist gang bill HB994
- Stand Your Ground
- HB402, which would continue the assault on bail reform in Georgia by eliminating signature bonds
We also demand that cities fund solutions and not suffering, whether that be by closing a jail or disbanding corrupt police forces.
Repair for Past and Continuing Harms
- State actors like the police, immigration agents, and corporations who have caused harm to Black communities must repair the harm done.
- The police department must acknowledge the harm their institution has caused Black families, make an official apology, and commit resources to families and communities who have been forced to suffer.
- Demand the immediate resignations of District Attorneys Jackie Johnson & George Barnhill, who actively used their power in an attempt to subdue the community.
Transparent, Independent Investigations of Law-Enforcement Misconduct
- Require independent investigation of every law enforcement–involved shooting.
- Require the release of information to the families of victims within specified periods and on a regular basis.
- Require concurrent internal-affairs investigations of law enforcement accused of misconduct.
- The most impacted in our communities need to control the laws, institutions, and policies that are meant to serve us—from our schools to our local budgets, economies, and police departments.