- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
We demand the following:
We demand the Minneapolis City Council pledge to be visionary leaders for Minneapolis and divest from the Minneapolis Police Department by committing to:
- Never again vote to increase police funding or to increase the police department’s budget.
- Propose and vote for a $45 million cut from MPD’s budget as the City responds to projected COVID-19 shortfalls.
- Protect and expand current investment in community-led health and safety strategies, instead of investing in police.
- Do everything in their power to compel MPD and all law enforcement agencies to immediately cease enacting violence on community members.
Sign the petition now at bit.ly/DEFUNDMPD
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.