- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
POLICY PLATFORM: END THE WAR ON BLACK PEOPLE
END THE WAR ON BLACK COMMUNITIES
Reallocate funds at the federal, state, and local levels from policing and incarceration to long-term community-based safety strategies
The explosion of surveillance, policing, mass criminalization, incarceration, and deportation that has devastated Black communities over the past four decades has been fueled by large-scale investments at all levels of government, accompanied by massive disinvestment from meeting community needs. The U.S. currently spends over $100 billion a year on policing and another $80 billion a year on jails and prisons, at a tremendous cost to the lives of Black people and communities, and to public safety.
- Divest from surveillance, policing, mass criminalization, incarceration and deportation.
- Invest in making communities stronger and safer through quality, affordable housing, living wage employment, public transportation, education, and health care that includes voluntary, harm reduction and patient-driven, community-based mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Invest in community-based transformative violence prevention and intervention strategies, that offer support for criminalized populations
- Uncouple access to services, care, and support from the criminal punishment system.
- Provide reparations to survivors of police violence and their families, and to survivors of prison, detention and deportation violence, and their families.
KEY FEDERAL LEGISLATION
- People’s Justice Guarantee.
- End Racial and Religious Profiling Act.
- Stop Militarization of Law Enforcement Act.
- End Qualified Immunity Act.
- PEACE (Police Exercising Absolute Care with Everyone) Act.