- BLACK POWER RISING
- VISION FOR BLACK LIVES
- ELECTORAL JUSTICE VOTER FUND
- TAKE ACTION
- IN THE PRESS
POLICY PLATFORM: END THE WAR ON BLACK PEOPLE
END THE WAR ON BLACK COMMUNITIES
Reallocate funds at the federal, state, and local levels from policing and incarceration to long-term community-based safety strategies
The explosion of surveillance, policing, mass criminalization, incarceration, and deportation that has devastated Black communities over the past four decades has been fueled by large-scale investments at all levels of government, accompanied by massive disinvestment from meeting community needs. The U.S. currently spends over $100 billion a year on policing and another $80 billion a year on jails and prisons, at a tremendous cost to the lives of Black people and communities, and to public safety.
- Divest from surveillance, policing, mass criminalization, incarceration and deportation.
- Invest in making communities stronger and safer through quality, affordable housing, living wage employment, public transportation, education, and health care that includes voluntary, harm reduction and patient-driven, community-based mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Invest in community-based transformative violence prevention and intervention strategies, that offer support for criminalized populations
- Uncouple access to services, care, and support from the criminal punishment system.
- Provide reparations to survivors of police violence and their families, and to survivors of prison, detention and deportation violence, and their families.
KEY FEDERAL LEGISLATION
- People’s Justice Guarantee.
- End Racial and Religious Profiling Act.
- Stop Militarization of Law Enforcement Act.
- End Qualified Immunity Act.
- PEACE (Police Exercising Absolute Care with Everyone) Act.
Organizations currently working on policy
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Stay informed about our upcoming virtual events.
If you are called to join us, have an opportunity for aligned funding streams, or wish to make a personal gift, please contact [email protected] to connect.
The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice.